What Information Do We Collect?
Alta collects your information when you submit information on the Site and when you visit the Site pages. We may collect the following information:
- Personal Information: We may collect the following types of personal information in order to provide you with use and access to the Site and the Services, including but not limited to:
- Name and contact information, such as email address, phone number, mobile telephone number, physical address, gender, birthdate, professional qualifications, and image.
- Personal information you provide to us through correspondence, chats, dispute resolution, or shared by you from other social applications, services, or websites.
- Payment Information: In the process of providing the Services, Alta may collect information required to process payments, such as tax I.D. numbers and payment details, such as account number, expiration date, and security code, as well as your billing address. Payment Information is never disclosed.
- Aggregate Data / Aggregate Information: Aggregate Data is information we collect about a group or category of services or users from which individual user identities have been removed. In other words, no Personal Information is included in Aggregate Data. Aggregate Data helps us understand trends in our users’ needs so that we can better consider new features or otherwise tailor our services. Alta collects non-identifying, general, generic and aggregate data information to better design our Site and Services.
- Non-Personal Information: Alta may gather any non-personal information regarding how many people visit the Site, the pages they visit, their IP address, and the type of browser they used while visiting. When you use the Site, Alta, third-party service providers, and partners may receive and record non-personal information from cookies, server logs, and similar technology from your browser or mobile device, including your IP address.
How Do We Use Your Information?
Email Communications: We may send you a welcome email to verify your account and other transactional emails for operational purposes, such as billing, account management, or system maintenance. You may only stop those emails by terminating your account. We may also send you promotions, product announcements, surveys, newsletters, developer updates, product evaluations, and event information or other marketing or commercial emails. You can opt out of receiving these email communications from Alta at any time by unsubscribing using the unsubscribe link within each email, updating your email preferences on your Alta account, or emailing us to have your contact information removed from our email list or registration database.
Marketing: You agree that we may use your Personal Information to tell you about our services and tools, deliver targeted marketing and promotional offers based on your communication preferences, and customize, measure, and improve our advertising. You can unsubscribe from emails at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link contained in the email.
We do not rent, sell, or share Personal Information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies for marketing purposes (including direct marketing purposes) without your permission. We may use and share non-personal information for our marketing purposes, including, without limitation, marketing on Site.
Sharing Your Information
We disclose Personal Information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that any content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone’s rights, property, or safety. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. As stated above, we do not directly disclose your Personal Information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your consent.
We may disclose your Personal Information upon a business transition. At the sale, merger, or transfer of Alta and/or all or part of its assets, your Personal Information may be among the items sold or transferred.
We may share Aggregate Data with advertisers and other third parties. Alta uses industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving consumer and transaction data exchanged with our Site.
How We Protect Your InformationWe have implemented a variety of administrative, technical, and physical security measures to reasonably protect against the unauthorized access, destruction, or alteration of your information. These safeguards vary based on the sensitivity of information that we collect, process, and store and the current state of technology.
Accessing and Updating Your InformationYou can update your information through your account profile settings. If you believe that any Personal Information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete, or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it.
Additionally, you may request access to any Personal Information we hold about you at any time by contacting us at [email protected] Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing it (for example, by mailing or emailing it to you). We may charge you a fee to cover our administrative and other reasonable costs in providing the information to you.
There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the Personal Information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
Links to Other Websites
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California customers are entitled to request information relating to whether a business has disclosed Personal Information to any third parties for the third parties direct marketing purposes. Alta does not sell or share your Personal Information with third-party companies for their direct marketing purposes without your consent.